Wolff Adar: Blog
Microsoft 365 Email Security Services
Microsoft 365 Email Security Services: A Cloud-Based Suite to Fix Security Gaps on MS 365 Email
Key Points from The Article:
- The recent crisis in Eastern Europe has triggered a tremendous increase in cybersecurity attacks worldwide.
- The exponential growth in cybersecurity threats and breaches is now affecting even small and medium-sized businesses.
- Firewalls and servers are at risk of new vulnerabilities beyond standard phishing.
- Cybercriminals go through the breached accounts and find how businesses communicate with investors, clients, and vendors and try to get them to wire money.
- Businesses can take additional measures to close all the security gaps in Microsoft 365 email to improve their security.
The recent crisis in Eastern Europe has triggered a tremendous increase in cybersecurity attacks worldwide. Attackers are hacking users’ accounts, stealing data, locking businesses out of their accounts — the new spike in cyber threats is alarming and affecting even small and medium-sized businesses.
On top of using standard email phishing, attackers are executing breaches based on:
- Password leakage on the web
- Brute force attacks
- Diverse types of social phishing based on the account previously breached
Attackers have been hacking many business emails for weeks before anyone could figure out what was happening.
The cybercriminals would then look through the breached accounts and note the communication pattern with clients, investors and vendors and try to make them wire money. Many such attacks have been successful, making insurance companies start offering cyber insurance.
Why is Microsoft 365 Email A Prime Target of Attackers?
Over 258 million businesses use Microsoft 365 email, making it the number one target of cyberattacks. The attackers can easily create tricks for Microsoft 365 email and get access to emails.
For instance, a phisher can create a fake alert to trick the admin of Microsoft 365 email into thinking their license has expired. The message can instruct the admin to click a link to sign in to the company’s Microsoft 365 Admin Centre to review the payment details. The fake sign-in page will then steal the company’s account credentials.
Other attacks include spoofing. Spoofing is an attack method where an attacker pretends to be a fellow employee. The attacker then tricks other employees into allowing fake Microsoft 365 apps to access their contacts, account data, and inbox.
Tackling the Threat with Microsoft 365 Email Security Services
Your best shot is to enhance Microsoft 365 email security. Even with its full strength, Microsoft 365 email security features cannot fully protect your business from all the new threats.
After all, email remains the easiest point of exposure for malicious attacks and data leaks, and attackers improve their exploitation tactics every day. Your business needs reinforced email services for Microsoft 365 email security.
Wolff Adar’s Microsoft 365 email security services integrate seamlessly with the Microsoft platform to offer comprehensive security solutions. The solutions offer superior protection against:
- Advanced threats like zero-day attacks, phishing, and spear-phishing: We’ll offer tools to scan all attachments and links in the incoming emails to sandbox attachments and block access to malicious websites that might have been weaponized.
- Data leak: Your business will utilize a data leak prevention tool and content control service that scans outgoing emails for potential leaks.
- Spam, malware, and viruses: We’ll deploy a secure email gateway that utilizes sophisticated multi-layer defence that utilizes constantly updated threat intelligence.
We’ll offer you secure email services that enable your employees to send and receive emails with sensitive information and attachments, even when TLS encryption isn’t available. Even in the event of a Microsoft infrastructure outage, we’ll ensure your email continuity.
Wolff Adar IT Offers Microsoft 365 Email Security Services
Your business needs enhanced email security on top of what Microsoft offers. At Wolff Adar, we offer Microsoft 365 email security services that allow your organization to:
- Discover hacks that are currently happening
- Proactively minimize the risks of attack
- Remediate potential issues before they can cause damage
Contact us today to help secure your Microsoft 365 email.